Participants must be a student, coach, teacher, administrator, staff member or recent graduate of a local high school.
All games must be played according to the below schedule. Players should note the opponent's gamer tag and schedule a time for the game to be played.
-Sweet Sixteen: Monday, March 30
-Elite Eight: Tuesday, March 31
-Final Four: Wednesday, April 1
-Championship: Thursday, April 2 (8:00 p.m.)
Players must report their agreed-upon game time for each round. The championship game will be played at 8:00 p.m.
If possible, please live stream all games. Include your twitch link in your profile (do this during registration or update your profile).
FAILURE TO APPEAR
Any player who fails to appear for a scheduled game will be disqualified. If a player fails to appear for the championship match that player will be replaced by that player's opponent in the semifinals round.
Please screenshot/take a picture of the final statistics including game score and statistics for both teams and email to [email protected]
This information will be used for postgame recaps.
1. Players are permitted to use any of the normal 30 NBA teams from the 2019-2020 season. No special teams may be used.
2. Teams may be changed in between rounds.
3. Playbooks may be changed between rounds.
4. Seeding and matchups for the tournament will be conducted by random draw.
5. The player listed on the top of the bracket will be the home team.
6. In the event a game ends with the score tied, the game will follow normal overtime rules.
7. In the event of a power loss or system freeze, the game will be restarted with situational setup exactly matching the score, settings, quarter, time, and possession and play will resume.
8. OhioVarsity.com reserves the right to make changes to the tournament format at any time.
1. Game Settings are as follows:
-Quarter length: 4 minutes
-Settings are default. The skill level is HALL OF FAME.
-Instant replay and cinema cut scenes will be turned off.
-All other settings will be default
-Overtime (OT) will decide all ties. If tied after one OT, then will play a GRUDGE MATCH (same coin toss selector) and will play regular quarters until there is a score. Must play with same HOME and AWAY teams.
2. Other game rules:
-No pausing, rewinding, or delaying the game. If you perform these actions during the game, you must use a timeout as a penalty, if you have no timeouts remaining, an automatic turnover will be applied. If you are on offense, you must go out of bounds, if on defense, the next time you receive possession, you must go out of bounds immediately. Failure to do so will result in immediate disqualification.
If you believe your opponent is cheating by abusing game programming glitches to gain an advantage or is violating the parameters set by OhioVarsity.com, report it immediately. The decision made by OhioVarsity.com on disqualification or point penalty is final.